Monday 13 March 2017

Ipswich Museum Trip - Year 5

Last Thursday, Year 5 were lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit Ipswich Museum to support their ‘Pharaohs’ topic this half term. 
The children had a marvellous time, gaining lots of new knowledge about the Ancient Egyptians. They handled various artefacts, re- enacted an Egyptian myth with authentic masks, saw a real tomb, imagined they were archaeologists and made their own Egyptian gods out of clay. 
A wonderful day was had by all! 

Report by Leila: 


On the 8th March classes SC and VW went on a school trip to Ipswich Museum. We made shabtis, made up our own god, looked at some ancient artifacts and learned some interesting facts. My favourite part was getting to hold the ancient Egyptian artifacts. I had so much fun!

Here are some of the thoughts of the other children:
    “I was really inspired”-Rafferty
       “What a fun place to go- I felt really engaged”- Catherine
             “I’d love to go there again”- Chris
                   “I really enjoyed the play and wearing masks”- Benjamin
                       “I learnt lots of new things”- Chris
                             “I actually got to see a real Mummy!”- Ethan
                                   “It was an inspiring trip where we all learnt something”- Eva