Monday 24 May 2010

Final of Chess Tournament




Winning the chess tournament for the second time makes me the happiest boy ever. With the encouragement from my friends, I had the confidence to go all the way. All my opponents played incredibly well and all of them were great sports. Oscar Wood did incredibly well to get in the final but like I said my friends’ confidence in me gave me the courage to defeat him. I played Oscar in the final last year too and defeated him then. I would like to thank Mr Byer and my dad for coaching me to become better at chess. If I’m fair, Jake Briffa was my toughest opponent and it took two and a half hours to overcome him! In both years, I got no byes which made it tougher for me.
These are the opponents who I defeated.

Eddie Hill
Harry Colethurst
Jake Briffa
Joshua Briggs
Oscar Wood
And a few I can’t remember.
by Bily Caiger (Class NS / JB)